Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Aura of a Chair

Hmmm.
I was kind of excited, thinking I was finally tuning in to seeing a little hint of an aura when looking at people. I've been practicing every day, relaxing my gaze, looking slightly above the head of people, and each time it looks about the same, no matter who I'm looking at. Like a little white or clear-ish outline of their head or whatever body part I'm staring at that way.

Today I tested myself. I failed.

What I mean is, I did the same kind of relaxed, slightly out of focus directed stare, but this time I was looking at a chair. Guess what. The chair has the same "aura" I've been seeing as the ones on the people. It's not an aura. It's an out of focus fuzzy outline.

I'm not seeing what I thought I was seeing.

Well, that was a disappointment.

On the brighter side (ha ha ha), last night before bed I did Reiki on my eyes and third eye chakra, and for the first time I saw colors swirling around, really vivid, pretty colors. Pink, yellow, purple, orange. It was very cool. I wasn't pressing or anything. It was real. I'm taking comfort in that for a while.

And, about my hands tingling all day yesterday....my RMT said it means that my energy is shifting. As in developing to a new level of awareness. Okay. I hope so. Someone on a message board said it meant that I needed to unblock myself somewhere, and the tingling was a signal. Could be, I don't know. In any case, they've stopped and they're now back to tingling at Reiki times.

I could use some advice on what I should do to tune in to seeing auras for real. I'm learning that it's more than being out of focus and trying to tune in to the energy. Maybe this isn't my ability to develop. But I don't think I'm ready to give up. I just want to try other things that might work better. And, I keep consoling myself that I will be taking level III on Feb. 29 and so maybe that will help. I know it will have an effect, and I'm excited to find out in what ways it will strenghten and tune my senses to energy work.

Good thoughts.

7 comments:

M said...

what? you don't think a chair can have an aura? it is made up of energy, no? perhaps you are indeed seeing the aura of the chair.

also, just my opinion, but maybe don't "try" so hard. things happen when they are supposed to happen, when you are ready, and no sooner.

as you practice self reiki, the layers will start to peel away,and your vision will become clearer...you really don't need to practice, as it develops naturally.

just keep doing what you are doing :)

meredith

Alice Langholt said...

Hi Meredith,

Honestly, it had never occurred to me that a chair would have an aura - I thought only living things had one - plants, animals, people. Plus, it looked the same as the fuzzy outline around people I've been seeing.

I'm sure you're right about not trying so hard. I just want the Reiki to know that I'm open and interested. So trying is the only way I know how to encourage progress. But I'll just try harder to relax (that sounded funny because it's still trying...hmmm) and let things happen as they will.

Thank you Meredith.

Anonymous said...

I read in my Reiki Manual that using Gyoshi-ho - sending Reiki with the eyes - can increase your ability to see auras over time.

For myself, I'm more interested in my hand sensitivity when doing Reiki at the moment than in seeing Auras. I'm pretty sure I saw them as a child, and I did see Auras around frequently used objects such as my dolls and things. Then one day I woke up and the world seemed dull and gray. If this sense returns, then that would be a wonderful thing, but I still count the blessings I already have too.

Good luck with your class! I just took Reiki III last month myself. :)

Alice Langholt said...

Hi Beth,

Thanks for writing. I also read (in Rand's The Reiki Touch) that gyoshi ho can help one develop both clarvoyance and visual energy awareness. I am trying to do gyoshi ho, but I am not convinced that I have the hang of it yet. I feel energy in my third eye chakra, but I don't feel the energy "flowing" from there or from my eyes. One person who responded to a post I left on a Reiki message board said you send the energy out with your third eye chakra, and then take it in with your eyes (seeing the colors?) but I am not really having success with that. I have asked my daughter, who is Reiki II, to give feedback and sometimes she reports feeling energy when I try. I also tried in the mirror, but it was disconcerting (see my earlier post) and I haven't tried that way again (yet).
Do you do gyoshi ho? Any advice if you do?
And, congrats on your Reiki III! Please let me know how you're feeling, and how your experience with energy has changed. I'll also visit your blog!
Love & light.
Alice

Alice Langholt said...

By the way, Beth,
I've tried to add your website to my blog feeds, but can't seem to get the correct subscription feed. Please email me with the link if you have a chance, and I'll add your blog to my feed features.

Thanks!
Alice

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Hi Alice...keep on trying...if you are having trouble with what you are doing, give this a try...hold your hands in front of you in a horizontal position...then just put the index fingers together, extending outward...use your fuzzy focus...separate the index fingers by about an inch, looking at the center space between the two fingers, you will begin to notice the energy coming from the finger tips with your peripheral vision

the second you look at it- it will disappear...when I least expect it I am gifted with seeing very beautiful auras surrounding people...mostly I am in that fuzzy focus state of daydreaming, when it occurs....

as you have said, it is the process of awakening...

Alice Langholt said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for your neat suggestion, which I promise to try tonight!

I'm glad to see your comment, even on this somewhat older post, because I'm now looking into Chios Healing Attunement, as that is an energy healing modality that is considered by many to be complementary to Reiki, and it is about using color intuition, learning to see auras, and discern energetic needs based on visual interpretation of energy. The level II attunement is supposed to help attune the practitioner to being open to developing this ability to a higher degree. I'm very interested. Look it up http://www.chioshealing.com and drop me a line if you want to continue the conversation.

Thank you again for your comment! I'm so glad to hear from people who are reading my posts.
Love & light,
Alice