Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snowed In

We got hit with a major snowstorm from Friday through very early this morning, leaving us with 2 feet of snow and with everything closed. So unfortunately, was the Reiki clinic where I was planning to go volunteer and give hands-on Reiki on Saturday. I guess it will have to wait a couple of weeks. I was pretty bummed about having to wait, because I was really looking forward to it, but that's the way the snowflakes fell!

My husband and baby daughter had a slight virus this weekend, and we all applied Reiki, and it was over within 12 hours for each of them, so it could've been worse, I bet! I was up from 3-4:30 a.m. with our little one, letting her rest on the couch watching Elmo while I gave her constant Reiki on her head, stomach and chest. Then she slept well afterward, and was better when she woke up.

This week should be a nice week of discovery for me, as Tuesday night I'm meeting with a person who is using some space in a yoga studio to do Reiki treatments, and I'm going to talk over some ideas with him on adding some classes, sharing space, doing a newsletter, Reiki shares, all good things. I'd love to have a place to do Reiki, and this could be a start. We'll see.

I am ordering some more books from the library to enrich my energy healing knowledge. I feel very guided to learn lately, and that's my next step. Here's my reading list, recommended by a wonderful friend from my Reiki class last week:
  • Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss
  • Energy Medicine by Donna Eden
  • Your Sacred Self by Wayne Dyer
  • The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer
  • To Be Healed by the Earth by Warren Grossman
I've requested them all from the library, and will read them in the order in which they arrive!

I'm happy to report that my sweet husband is continuing to learn about Reiki and work with the energy.

The time change - spring forward - threw us all off today a bit and made the day seem to zoom by very rapidly. The snow cancelled my play rehearsal and teaching this morning, so we played in the snow and shoveled.

Time to go send Reiki!
Peace.

No comments: