Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter Introspection

We're nearly in the middle of January already. Here where I live in University Heights, Ohio, the world is blanketed in a heavy layer of snow. It's gray and cold outside. People I speak with talk of already being tired of winter. I can relate. It's not my season. But it takes up a good quarter of the year here every year, so it's not different. The anticipation of spring has set in already. It'll be a while before it gets here though.

Two of my local Reiki classes have been postponed due to low enrollment. I understand that this is common at the start of January. People don't want to venture out, holiday bills are piled up, and the long holiday season has taken some a while to get reorganized after it ended, so registration details were missed. The Reiki for Parents and Distance Healing classes at CHEMAM have been subsequently moved to February, new dates TBA. I was sort of bummed over the need to postpone, but I am going to take this time to focus on continuing my online work and I am teaching a local Kundalini Reiki class to some wonderful people at Insight Wellness.

The second weekly issue of Reiki Talk will go out today. And I will also be working on my personal growth - via meditation and taking time for Reiki self healing to be the most effective teacher and Reiki channel that I can. Winter quiet is a good time for tuning in, and maybe this is the message I need to receive - focus inward now for a while.

I did raise some fees at the start of the year, and a couple of people have commented about that. I want to put out there that money will never be an issue if someone needs Reiki or really wants to learn but needs financial arrangements. I am willing to scholarship, make payment plans, whatever someone needs in order to learn or receive Reiki healing or training. So if you want to receive or learn Reiki, but are stopped by money issues, email me. I'll work with you. I want to share Reiki with everyone who's ready to tap into their inner energetic power. It's there for you, and so am I.

I had an insightful conversation yesterday with Amy Oscar, a truly amazing woman who has a wonderful blog and writes about angels. She encouraged me to ask the angels for signs that are obvious, and then watch to see what happens. I think lots of people are afraid to ask for signs, worried that it won't work, or that they won't get anywhere. Or maybe some are afraid that they will, and it will change their lives more than they are ready for. All I know is that when we were tweeting with each other, my head had that "being gripped" sensation that happens when I feel my guides are trying to get my attention. So I'm passing the message along here, as much as I'm taking it to heart for my own practice. I'm going to ask more often for signs and guidance from the angels who are there, waiting for the opportunity to help. Join me! Let me know how things go for you too. I'll be posting.

Wishing everyone an introspective, aware and enriching January.
Blessings.

No comments: